Here’s How You Can Delete Your Facebook Account
Ever feel tired of being on social media? Want to take time off of your Facebook account and just take a break? It happens quite often and some users mostly don’t know how to delete Facebook account. Well, there are two ways you can do that; You can either deactivate your account temporarily or just delete it permanently.
How to delete Facebook account
If you are just taking some time off and would probably return after a while, deactivating the account would be the most suitable option. But if you want to permanently remove your presence from the Facebook, you can always delete your account. Given below is a thorough list of instructions you can follow in order to easily deactivate your Facebook account.
- Log in to your Facebook account on the browser
- Click the Down-arrow key at the top-right of the page
- Click Settings.
- Now on the left side of the page, the settings would appear, click Your Facebook information. Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Now click Permanently Delete Account.
- You will then be prompted to re-enter your password as security check to ensure the right person is deactivating the account.
- After that your account will successfully be deleted.
Once your account has successfully been deleted, you will have a grace period of 30 days during which you can still re-activate your account in case you want a back-in. After that your account will permanently be deleted and could not be re-activated.
Archive your data
A safe way to delete your account and still save your information is always recommended. You can download your information before deleting your account so it can be saved and be used later if need be. To do that,
- Click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information.
- Click Download Your Information.
- Now select which of your data you want downloaded and in which format and media quality you want it in. You can also set the data range.
- Once you are done selecting the information you want downloaded, just click on the blue button that says Create file and your file will now start downloading.
You have now successfully deleted your Facebook account and saved your data from deleting with it.