With every pro there is a con to follow and likewise, with every summer, there are mosquitoes to ruin all the fun. It is inevitable that you’d get bitten by the annoying flying insects at least once in the summers, no matter how many layers of insect repellent you apply on yourself. But, what if we tell you that even if you get bitten by mosquitoes, you can still save yourself from painful itch that follows it? Check out these 9 remedies which can help diffuse the itchiness of a dreadful mosquito bite!
1. Ammonia provides an extra quick relief when it comes to countering itch given by mosquito bites. Just dab a bit of ammonia and you’d be good to go.
2. Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply on the itch.
3. If you’re looking for a temporary relief from the itch, just rub an ice cube over it.
4. A lemon slice or lemon juice is also pretty effective while dealing with an itch from a mosquito bite.
5. An aspirin paste, made up of crush aspirin and water can also do wonders when applied on the itch.
6. Aloe Vera can provide instant calm from the painful itch and swelling of a mosquito bite.
7. Dabbing a small quantity of peppermint toothpaste where the mosquito attacked can also ease the itch.
8. Applying honey on the area affected can make the itch go real fast, as well.
9. Essential oils work like magic as well to soothe the terrible itch.