Sniper Rifles are a lethal tool of a lethal trade. Since its inception, the rifle has proven to be a trust worthy weapon when it comes to long range shooting and eliminating far off targets in the main battlefield. A sniper’s role is to remain concealed and assassinate high value targets. For this, a more advanced rifle can serve a sniper’s purpose more accurately and precisely than an ordinary one.
The L115A3 Long Range Rifle made by Accuracy International (UK) and used by the British Army since 2008 is the most advanced of its kind. The L115A3 is a bolt-action sniper rifle that is chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum. Other features of this rifle include:
- Stainless steel, fluted, 686mm barrel.
- Fitted with a telescopic day sight which offers up to 25 times magnification.
- Sniper Thermal Imaging Capability (STIC) night scope is mounted ahead of the day scope allowing target acquisition at night or low visibility conditions.
- A suppressor can be attached in order to reduce muzzle flash and noise signature.
- Foldable stock makes the weapon easier to carry in a backpack.
- Adjustable cheek-pieces, a stabilizing monopod and an adjustable bipod for improved shooting accuracy and stability.
- Effective Range: 1,100+ m
- Weight: 6.8 kg
- Length: 1300 mm
- Calibre: 8.59 mm
- Muzzle velocity: 936 m/s
- Feed: 5-round box
In November, 2009 a British Army sniper using L115A3 recorded the longest sniper kill in history by successfully neutralizing a pair of Taliban machine gunners at a range of 2,707 yards.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Russia Is Suspected To Be Developing Ground Drone Army